For those of you that don't know, I only refer to myself as Mother of the Year when I do something horrible or my children say something really embarrassing. Unfortunately this time I did something horrible. The Tracy family is participating in the Hood to Coast this summer. I have been doing some training. Not as much as I should be doing but I am finally starting to get into a groove. My sister recently gave me their old treadmill. It's been very handy on these cold, rainy days. I have really enjoyed having it. I don't enjoy the running part, but I do enjoy the convenience. On Thursday I was running away and had almost made it to 3 miles when I heard a scream behind me. I turned around and saw my little Padey with his fingers stuck in the treadmill. I ripped the key out as fast as I could and jumped off the treadmill. Kirk was already there trying to pry Paden's fingers out. It felt like forever but finally his fingers were free. I was trying my best to stay calm and to not cry. I felt horrible because I was the one on the treadmill. It's never easy to see you child hurting. His fingers are pretty chewed up but he is doing well. Nurse Daddy got him all cleaned up and bandaged up. I have added some pictures to the post. They are close ups and if you have an easy stomach you might not want to look. The fingers are not that horrible but they definitely are not good.
This is Thursday evening. Not too bad. He was a very brave boy. I think Grandma's lap was helping.
This was Sunday morning. It looks a lot worse to me but that is just the healing.

This is Monday morning. Not a huge difference between Sunday and Monday but Paden wanted to take another picture so here it is.

8 comments:
Oh Daya! How scary! I'm so glad he is doing okay. And that is not your fault! My nephew Henry got his hands burnt this year, they looked really bad for a long time, but he is doing a lot better. Kids are just curious. They get into a lot of trouble! Hope his hands heal quickly! =)
OUCH!!! Poor little guy :(
Good luck with your training, sounds fun, I wanted to do the hood to coast, too bad we moved.
Poor Paden! That definitely doesn't look good. But it's totally not your fault. Accidents happen and kids will be kids. Good luck on hood to coast!
Good job on training! You should go to the link on my blog for Kirstin's blog. She has several posts of Kensleys hand when it got stuck in the treadmill. Paden's fingers look painful but oh how much worse it could've been!! Hopefully they heal problem free.
-Alyssa
Alyssa I have seen her fingers. Cheryn showed me right after Kensley did it. She was actually the first person I thought of after Paden hurt his fingers.
awww! poor payden but really....how could you know he wanted to see how fast you were really running! hope those fingers heal up in no time :)
Don't beat yourself up. You're a great mom. A "Mother of the Year" wouldn't care her kid was hurting.
Oh my word! Poor little guy. And poor you. But you know accidents happen and it could have been a lot worse. Now he knows not to touch the treadmill while it's going.
Post a Comment