Friday, September 19, 2008

Boys don't bother reading this!!

So Ellie has had this obsession with breasts for the longest time. (Remember the coconut bra?) Last night I was blow drying her hair and felt her little hands on my chest. I quickly got her hands off and explained that she can't do that because it is mommy's chest and not hers. It's one of mommy's private areas. She (once again) asked what they were. I told her they were breasts. She promptly pulled up her shirt and pointed to her own. "I only have little breasts mommy. When do I get big ones?" WHAT IS THE FRICKIN' OBSESSION? Is this something she is going to outgrow? Is this normal or is she more interested than most little kids? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to end the wondering? I don't know what to do. Is this all because I am busty?

6 comments:

Jaime Joynt said...

I don't know how 'normal' it is, but I don't think it is abnormal. My daughter is a little weird about the breast thing too and she is WAY younger than yours. She will pull my shirt down, lift it up, try to touch them, etc. She will even look at mine and then check herself out. So, we have the same problem and you know I am definitely not even close to being 'busty'! ;) I wouldn't worry about it too much. I think she is just excited to be like mommy.

Linds said...

Stop worrying, she's totally normal. She just wants to be a grown up like you. And grown ups have boobies. No big deal!

Brandon Hunter Family said...

You forgot to mention how she felt up Danielle that time!:)

Joshua and Joy said...

Wow, it sounds like having a girl is fun! I'm sure it's normal for kids to wonder about things like that. I'm having a lot of trouble keeping Versii's hand out of his pants lately. Sometimes I put him in onesies just to keep him under control.

Nicole W. said...

I'm sure it doesn't help that you're well endowed but it can't be JUST that b/c Megan used to ask all the time and NOW Erika isn't even one yet and the last 2 times I've had a bath with her the first thing she does is grab my boob!!! what the the heck????

Amy said...

Gwen always says, "Mommy you have big boobies and I have tiny boobies!" Every girl does it!