Monday, October 27, 2008

The Bowl

Most kids have blankies or teddy bears. When they go to bed they have to have that special blanky or bear. Some kids might even sleep with a hot wheel or a toy of that type. Not Paden. Paden's cuddly of choice is his bowl. This all started last December when Paden got sick. He started throwing up in the middle of the night so I got the biggest bowl I could find and put it next to his bed. Every time he needed it it was right there. Well Paden started getting sick monthly. Every 3rd Saturday of the month he would wake up in the middle of the night and start throwing up. The bowl became a permanent fixture in the bed and now he has it every night. I try to put other things in his bed instead, things a little easier to cuddle with, but he wants the bowl. The habit I think should be an easier one to break. Hopefully he will just outgrow the bowl. He won't want to take it to slumber parties. Anyway, I have a few pictures of Paden and his bowl for your enjoyment. I also included a demonstration video. I hope this makes you all feel a little better about any little quirks that your kids might have. Just tell yourself, "It could be worse. He could sleep with a bowl".




Here he is sleeping with the bowl.

Here they are watching a cartoon together.

Here he is demonstrating how to use the bowl.

Live action.

16 comments:

Clinton and Danielle said...

HA HA HA! What a weird kid!

MotherBeck said...

That Paden! I loved the video!!

Trishelle said...

Oh my gosh! That is hilarious! So, when he is engaged to be married, at what point are you going to share this little piece of information with his fiance?

Toshia said...

A little gross, but has to be the cutest thing I've seen in a while:) As long as he lets you clean it in between...lol!

The Wife said...

Hilarious! I laughed out loud!

Jeff and Amy said...

Too funny! I love how they cuddle and enjoy cartoons together - too cute!

Linds said...

Oh, the pictures were even better than I imagined. I loved the demonstration. He cracks me up!

Holly Lujan said...

YAY for the bowl! I'm glad we finally got to see some pictures of Paden loving his dear bowl!

Emilee said...

So Freakin CUTE! That is one for the records. Thanks for sharing!

Jill said...

I stalked you back! Our guys have slept with a bowl now and then (maybe once a year) when they have been sick, but nobody has ever been attached to one before. That is really cute.

Jaye said...

Oh my gosh - He is like Papa Duff, but instead of a fork Paden has a bowl!

Millers! said...

I think its cute! yeah you dont really want a bowl as a cuddly, but if it works, hey it works!

Trishelle said...

PS I love that you like Samantha Who!! Isn't it a great show?! The main characters have such a great chemistry which is a good formula for sticking around for awhile.

Joshua and Joy said...

That is so funny! I guess if I got sick a lot, maybe I would have a bowl as a security blanket. Those pictures are just precious.

The Hill Family said...

Too funny! Love the re-enactment too, why to go Paden!

Trishelle said...

Hey! How did the bazaar go? I hope everything you were involved in went well.