Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Pear Bread

Everyone has been asking me for this recipe. It is SUPER yummy!! It is from allrecipes.com. The only thing I changed was I diced the pears instead of shredding them and I also used 3 cups instead of 2. Also bake it at 350 instead of 325. I love allrecipes.com. I hope you guys enjoy it as much as my family has.


Pear Bread I

3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
2 cups white sugar
2 cups peeled shredded pears
1 cup chopped pecans
2 teaspoons vanilla extract


DIRECTIONS
In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Make a well in the center of the bowl.
In a separate bowl combine the oil, eggs, sugar, grated pears, pecans, and vanilla. Blend well. Add to well of dry ingredients. Stir until just moistened. Spoon batter into 2 greased and floured 8x5x3 inch loaf pans.
Bake in a preheated 325 degree F (165 degrees C) oven for one hour and 15 minutes. Cool on wire rack before removing from the loaf pans.

4 comments:

Trishelle said...

YUM! This looks amazing! I'm going to try this! Thanks for the scoop!

Alyssa Phair said...

It tastes like delicious zucchini bread! Thanks for the insight on how to use my pears. Mmmmm
-Alyssa

Linds said...

Gonna have to try it since I won't be able to make it over there to have you give me some. Maybe you can make me some as a welcoming present.

Jaye said...

So two weeks ago I made this pear bread (very yummy) on the same day I also made banana bread w/ white choc, AND banana-orange bread. I am SO suzie homemaker... how did this happen? Thanks for the recipe!