So we have had a lot going on in our little family and it has been awhile since I filled you all in on it. First off we made a couple of visits out to Seaside. The first time was just our little family. We went to
Tillamook and then up to Seaside. We really had a great time. The second time we went was with my whole family minus Danielle and Clinton (tears). It was supposed to be raining and chilly but turned out to be an absolutely amazing day. It was perfect weather and we sat on the beach and played and played the day away.
Moo Moo Ellie and Farmer
Paden at the cheese factory.

This is the kiddos and me.
Kirk and the older kiddos. This is Ellie's new pose.

Kirk and the kids getting all set on the carousel.

You can see Ellie in the background there. Kirk was a little ways away from her.

Here's
Paden enjoying his ride.

Cousin Ella. She is number 3 for my brother, David.

Cousin Hannah. She belongs to my brother, Derek.

Here are 3 of the moms waiting. Hannah's mom, Carrie, Me, and Ella's mom, Sara.

The day after Seaside was Ellie's first day of Kindergarten. She was
soooo excited to finally go to school. It was all she could talk about the whole morning. Even though she was a concerned that she might be a little allergic to stinky feet. I love that girl!!
Here she is ready to head out the door.

Kirk's family always took pictures in front of this tree on the first day of school. We couldn't break tradition.

Here she is in her classroom. I wanted a picture with her teacher but he was helping some students. Mr. Modrall is Ellie's teacher and the cool thing about him is that he was also Kirk's Kindergarten teacher. Cool, huh?

Last week
Paden went in to have surgery. He was born with
Hypospadias. That means that his urethra didn't make it all the way to the tip of his penis. It came out of the bottom of the penis. A couple of weeks before his 1st birthday he had the repair done. Unfortunately, the repair didn't hold and he sprung a leak. So he went in and had the repair done again. This time they closed him up with a flap. Fingers crossed it holds!! Anyway, it was supposed to be a day surgery but he was bleeding just a little more than they wanted so they put a pressure dressing on him and kept him overnight. He was such a trooper and all the nurses fell in love with him. He is doing great now. He complains a bit about it hurting but really can you blame him? It gets less and less each day.
Here he is in his bed. He didn't spend a lot of time there. He was more interested in running around the room. It was nice when they finally took the IV out. I was tired of untangling him all the time.
This is actually where he spent a lot of his time.
Ellie has been sick the last couple of days. It has been really pathetic. I hate it when they are sick because it makes me feel so helpless. I don't like that I can't just fix it. Luckily today she has been feeling a lot better and has actually started eating and keeping things down. YAY!!!
Isn't that so pathetic?

On the upside Riley has been doing fantastic!! He is such a charmer and a really sweet boy. We absolutely love having him in our lives. At his 2 month appointment he was weighing in at a hefty 13 lbs. 14 1/2 ozs. He was 25 ins. long. That puts him in the 90th percentile for weight and the 97th for height. Those are numbers we have never heard in reference to our children. The older 2 both maxed out at the 50th percentile and dropped down from there. We definitely love our chubby boy!! He never has a moment's peace either. His brother and sister are completely smitten with him. I swear Riley will end up cross eyed because they are always in his face. I have included a little Riley video just to give you an idea of how his day goes.
But through everything that has been going on here we have had a lot of smiles!!
And I mean a lot of smiles.
A WHOLE lot of smiles!!
I sure love these kids!
9 comments:
Glad to hear Payden is doing better! Crazy! Your kids are adorable!
awww! i love that one of the 3 of them with their heads together :) so cute! glad to hear ellie is getting better and paden too, and i still need to come and actually get a good look at and cuddle with little riley! so cute!
Daya, I'm wondering if "Mr. Modrall is the same teacher my Leslie had at Menlo Park Elementary when SHE was in kindergarten! If so, small world. (On her first day of school, she backed up and fell into the classroom's huge box of legos!)
I cannot believe how big your kids are. How did Ellie get old enough to go to Kindergarten. That is insane. They are all so cute. Glad they are doing better. Can't wait to see you guys.
Its been a while! Glad you got to update. Thanks for that pear recipe too :)
Your kids are just so cute! I hope they keep feeling better.
very cute pics. miss you guys. we wish we could come visit, but it is difficult when you have a kid in school. wouldn't corbin, ellie, and kyleen be a hoot!
You guys are absolutely adorable! I love, love, love that your trip to the beach turned out to be a great day with great weather.
Your little guy is such a trooper! I hope he heals quickly and well.
I can not believe Ellie is in kindergarten! I'll bet she's having the time of her life!
Your kids have gotten huge! I can't believe how old they are getting and how cute they still are!
Post a Comment